- Conducts all works activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner at all times by not taking on any task(s) that are perceived to be unsafe.
- Works on the derrick to pull out and run in the drill pipe. Includes making drilling collar changes as requested, operating the elevators and rack sections of drill pipes, casing, tubing using a variety of hand tools, tongs, air winch, ropes and cat head, liaising closely with drillers and assistant drillers to ensure good co-ordination of efforts.
- Regularly checks mud weights through use of balance scale, viscosity measurements using funnel and stopwatch and carrying out other tests such as filtration, P.H. and salinity tests as assigned by supervisor.
- Hoses mud channels and clearing out excess cuttings to ensure that contamination of mud or tanks does not occur.
- Assists in the rig move preparation and setting up of drill floor, cantilever and main deck by lashing movables securely, disconnecting and securing lines and re-positioning equipment to avoid hazard or damage to the rig
- Completion of Secondary School (12 years)
- 4 years’ experience in drilling operations
- Physical and technical skills such as operating hand tank valves and hand tools
- Ability to work under difficult extreme weather conditions like heat and humidity.
|Job Category||Full Time|
|Location||Onshore Land Rig|