- Conducts all works activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner at all times by not taking on any task(s) that are perceived to be unsafe.
- Participates in locating such items as drilling tools, drill pipe, casing and tubing to or from the drill floor, derrick, cantilever and main decks using appropriate winches as necessary, in co-ordination with other drilling personnel.
- Connects or disconnects and participates as part of a team to rack sections of drill pipes, casing, tubing and drill collars using a variety of hand-tools, tongs, air winch, ropes and cat head.
- Maintains drilling tools and tongs, elevators, slips equipment such as shale shaker, blow out preventers, mud pits, and drilling floor equipment, in a clean and good condition.
- Carry out dismantling/ assembly of mast and substructure assembly during rig move operations. Revving/Deriving of Drill line/ Mast raising lines. Assist Assistant the Driller in Spotting of mud tanks at new location.
- Removes thread protectors from tubulars (drill pipes, casings and production strings) and “drifts” for symmetry by threading rope, pulling “drifter” through casing and advising supervisor of any abnormalities.
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) education
- 2 years’ experience in drill rig operations
- Physical Skills like lifting, carrying of drilling equipment.
- Ability to work under difficult extreme weather conditions like heat and humidity, noise grease
|Job Category||Full Time|
|Location||Onshore Land Rig|