The rig Maintenance Supervisor is the focal point on-board for the Preventive Maintenance System and is responsible for maintenance as well as for the technical modifications, repairs of the machinery and the drilling equipment, the planning, assignment and follow-up of all jobs identified in the system. The physical work and Planning, as well as follow-up, is carried out in close consultation with the Rig Superintendent and the Maintenance support office team.
- Assist with budget planning and follow up of the budgets to minimize cost and ensure compliance with set budgets.
- Co-ordinate activities with the Technical Manager / Rig Superintendent / Tool Pusher and inform about any problems regarding operation and maintenance which may have consequences for drilling operations and the safety of the rig.
- Responsible for ordering parts as when necessary as well as the supervision of the stock of spare parts for the machinery and other equipment within the area of responsibility, ensuring that the stock is sufficient for the safety of the operations.
- Ensure that the service companies have their maintenance programs implemented.
- Supervise and ensure that rig maintenance is performed as per PMS (Preventive Maintenance System).
- Review and approve work done on the rig and ensure accurate reporting.
- Review and propose improvement for the PMS.
- Carry out inspections and supervise modifications and larger overhauls of machinery, technical.
- Electrical equipment on the rig and make sure that the plans for the jobs are approved by the Rig Superintendent /Technical Manager before work commences and co-ordinate with outsourced maintenance crew.
▪ B. Sc Engineering Degree/ Technical Diploma OR equivalent
▪ Safety Training courses and medical certificate in accordance with the requirements stipulated for regular crew by the continental shelf authority for the current operating area
▪ 10 years Rig Experience as e.g., CMC, CEL, ETO, Asst. Maintenance Supervisor
|Job Category||Full Time|