Carries out routine checks and minor maintenance/repair duties on engines and other mechanical equipment and tools on assigned onshore/offshore drilling rig and assists in major repairs and overhauls. Assists in rig moves and monitors engines and machinery in the absence of Chief Mechanic. To undertake the duties of the Mechanic (Rig) during short periods of the Chief Mechanic’s absence, for whatever reason and including emergency situations.
- Undertakes the routine maintenance and servicing of engines and ancillary equipment according to schedules, checklist and specific requirements. Duties include changing oils, cleaning strainers and filters and greasing and topping up hydraulic oils as required. Keeps engine rooms, engines, pumps, tools; clean and tidy.
- Undertakes non-routine minor repairs to engines and ancillary equipment and reports all mechanical faults including those that are beyond capabilities or require use of shore/workshop facilities.
- Assists in routine and non-routine major repairs and overhauls of engines, pumps, generators, hydraulic machinery and other mechanical equipment.
- Maintains engine room equipment at optimal running conditions as instructed. Includes dismantling, cleaning, re-assembling and re-commissioning various engine components, such as fuel oil centrifuge, raw/fresh water filters, bilge pump strainers and the like. Isolates such units prior to commencement by closing correct valves. Uses acid to clean heat exchangers
- Observes rig safety rules and procedures and watches for unsafe practices, oil spillage, and leaking pipes. Includes ensuring that appropriate work permits are issued for all maintenance and repair work, covering oil spills with absorbent materials and working in dangerous areas as necessary.
- Always conducts all works activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner by not taking on any task(s) that are perceived to be unsafe.
- Complies with the company QHSE Management system.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 years in a similar position
- Capable of working with minimum supervision.
|Job Category||Full Time|